Training & Calendar
Department of Energy
• Low Profile
• Center Mount
• Large Unit Cooler
• Medium Profile
• Low Velocity Center Mount
• Low Flow
• ½ - 6HP Condensing Units
• Horizontal Condensing Unit
• Vertical / Dual Vertical Condensing Unit
• Water Cooled Condensing Unit
• Remote Condensing Unit
• Screw Condensing Unit (Medium/Low)
• Top Mount
• Side Mount
The latest information about regulations in the commercial refrigeration industry is available on the page.
For the latest information on the US Court of Appeals Decision regarding the EPA SNAP Rule, please see the EPA Court of Appeals announcement in the Resources list.
DOE Walk-in Cooler / Freezer Energy Conservation Regulation
The Department of Energy (DOE) has established minimum efficiency standards for walk-in coolers/freezers 3000 sq ft and under. Manufacturers must report and label the product efficiency (AWEF).
• Starting 6/26/2017, this applies only to condensing units and packaged systems for coolers (not freezers).
• Starting mid-2020, this applies to condensing units, unit coolers, and packaged systems, for both coolers and freezers.
For additional details, background, and exceptions, please see the FAQs.
California Air Resources Board (CARB) approved new rules requiring the phase-out of certain products containing hydrofluorocarbons (HFC’s). To learn more about CARB Short Lived Climate Pollutants (SLCP) – EPA SNAP Preservation, please refer to the CARB announcement on the resource list.